NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Scheme
NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme
- Are you a doctor with a great idea for a commercial, social or charitable enterprise?
- Are you passionate about continuing in clinical practice but dream of pursuing your entrepreneurial vision that will impact patients and change healthcare?
- Are you thinking of leaving the NHS to pursue your enterprise?
STOP! The Clinical Entrepreneur Programme is for you!
Applications for the second cohort of the national level clinical entrepreneur programme will open on 7 November 2016 at www.innovation.england.nhs.uk/clinical-entrepreneur
All NHS doctors in England who are developing clinical innovations or enterprises can bid to become participants in this “limited places only” prestigious scheme.
Managed jointly by NHS England and Health Education England, and developed over more than a year of intensive work with entrepreneurial doctors, academic leaders and industry partners. The Clinical Entrepreneur Programme includes:
• Time for entrepreneurial activity such as less than full time training, annualised job planning, time out from clinical duties
• Mentoring and coaching scheme – from an acclaimed international faculty including commercial, financial, clinical, academic, managerial, charitable and public sector leaders and achievers.
• Entrepreneurial placements/internships – with industry, charities, social enterprises and public sector organisations with both partner funded and self-funding options.
• Customer matching – establishing relationships with providers/customers to deliver pre-commercial procurement opportunities.
The curriculum covers all aspects of running a small business, including attracting investors, applying for funding, and ensuring appropriate corporate governance. A dedicated programme in how to build a start-up – and how to operate in this highly-charged environment – is delivered as a series of “pitstop” educational events.
To apply for the clinical entrepreneur training programme, please complete the application form on NHS England’s Innovation web portal, please click the apply button.
To find out more about the overall programme, email [email protected]
Your application must include a CV, statement of clinical and entrepreneurial aspiration, two references focusing on your entrepreneurial activity, for trainees – a letter supporting your application from your own Training Programme Director, and a one-minute video showing your “elevator pitch” for your developing clinical innovation.
For trainees, when applying for your national training number, you will note a section signposting to the Clinical Entrepreneur training programme.
Applications close on 9 December 2016. Interviews will be held in March 2017. The programme will commence in autumn 2017.